Annex 3 to the DNMU order від of 06.08.2018, № 239
MINISTRY OF HEALTH OF UKRAINE
DONETSK NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
ON ACADEMIC LEAVE AND RE-STUDY, TRANSFER, RE-ENROLLMENT AND EXPULTION, TRANSFER FROM CONTRACTUAL TO BUDGETARY FORM OF STUDY OF PERSONS WHO STUDY
AT DONETSK NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Lyman – 2018
- GENERAL REGULATIONS
The Regulations define the procedure for academic leave and re-study, transfer, re-enrollment and expultion of the students in accordance with the “Regulations on Organization of Educational Process at Donetsk National Medical University”.
The regulations were developed on the basis of:
- Laws of Ukraine “On Higher Education”;
- PresidentDecree No. 451/95 of June 16, 1995, No. 70/99 of January 27, 1999, No. 109/2000 of January 28, 2000, and Regulations 943/2000 of August 1, 2000, “Regulations on the National Institution of Ukraine”
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of September 5, 1996 No. 1074 “Regulations on State Higher Educational Institution”;
- Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “Some Issues of Scholarship” o 1050 of December 28, 2016;
- Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of July 15, 1996 No. 245 “Regulations on the Procedure for Transferring, Expultion and Re-enrollment of Students ofHigher Educational Institutions”;
- Guidelines on the implementation of the European Credit Transfer System and its key documents at higher educational institutions, approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No. 1 / 9-119 of February 26, 2010;
- Order of the Ministry of Education and Science and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine of June 6, 1996 No. 191/153 “Regulations on Academic Leave and Re-study at Higher Educational Institutions”;
- Statute of Donetsk National Medical University.
- ACADEMIC LEAVE AND RE-STUDY
2.1. A student may take a study break (academic leave, re-course) in accordance with the procedure of academic leave and re-course specified in the “Regulations on Academic Leave and Re-study at Higher Educational Institutions” (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of June 6, 1996 No. 191 / 153).
Cases which are not specified in these Regulations, special circumstances and situations on the basis of the student’s application and the grounded submission of the Dean are considered and decided by the Rector of the University. The Rector’s decision is final.
2.2. Academic leave is a break in learning that a student is entitled to in case of disability due to impairment of body functions, which are caused by:
– acute diseases requiring long-term medical rehabilitation;
– exacerbations of chronic diseases or frequent diseases (more than one month per semester);
– anatomical defects that make it impossible to undergo medical rehabilitation during the training.
Academic leave may also be given to a student for a period of his/her study or internship at the educational and scientific institutions of foreign countries (subject to the invitation of the host party being duly arranged) or because of a student’s full-time statutory military service in case of loss of the right to deferment or for special reasons to a contracted service.
Academic leave for medical reasons is given to students on the basis of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) findings. For the entire period of study, a student may usually apply for an academic leave, once.
Students who did not complain about their health prior to the beginning of the semester exams (examinations) and who received unsatisfactory grades as a result of term examination are considered to be slow progressing and have no right to academic leave.
The maximum length of academic leave is one year. If necessary, the length of the academic leave may be extended by another year.
Academic leave for study or internship at the educational and scientific institutions of foreign countries as well as academic leave on medical indications are issued by the corresponding Rector’s order. The order shall state the reasons for granting leave and its term.
Admission to study for students who have been on academic leave for medical reasons is carried out by the order of the University Rector on the basis of the student’s application and the findings of the Medical Counseling Committee on the health state.
Admission to study for students who have been on academic leave for the period of their study or internship at the educational and scientific institutions of foreign countries, is carried out by the Rector’s order on the basis of student’s application and submission of the Dean of the Faculty.
Admission to study for students who have been on academic leave because of the statutory military service is carried out by the Rector’s order on the basis of student’s application, submission of the Dean of the faculty and the document on conscription expiration.
The student’s application and relevant documents must be submitted within two weeks of the beginning of the term.
Students who have not submitted their papers in a given period shall be expulted from the higher educational institution as those who did not start their study in a given period.
2.3. Pregnancy and maternity leave, childcare leave until the age of three and in cases when the child requires home care for a period specified in the medical report, but not exceeding the age of six is granted in accordance with the law in force.
2.4. Re-enrollment is a repeated learning for able-bodied student (who is not eligible for academic leave on medical grounds) of a course of study for a particular semester, which the student did not complete for valid reasons:
– due to long-term illnesses, in particular epidemics, frequent diseases (more than one month per semester);
– long-term business trips (more than one month per semester);
– difficult family circumstances, in particular the need to care for family members, etc.
First-year students do not have the right to re-study.
During the whole period of study the student may use the right to re-study not more than twice.
Only the students who study on a part-time basis (it should be confirmed by a reference from the place of work) and students-sportsmen, who are members of the national teams of Ukraine, can get re-study by reason of business trips.
Re-study is determined by the Rector upon the submission of the Dean of the faculty and upon the student’s application before the beginning of the corresponding semester and is formalized by an appropriate order.
Re-study is carried out from the beginning of the term, which the student has not completed.
Students who are retained for re-study may be credited with disciplines from which, on the basis of the semester control, they had a positive grades.
Students who have been enrolled in the state budget are awarded a scholarship in accordance with the current “Regulations on scholarships at the DNMU” (based on the results of the last semester control) at the expense of budget funding from the time of re-enrollment until the results of the next examinations.
- TRANSFER OF STUDENTS TO THE NEXT YEAR OF STUDY
Transfer of the students studying at the educational qualification levels of junior specialist, specialist and master to the next year of study is carried out by the order of the University Rector on submission of the heads of structural units (college directors, deans), in which students study in the respective fields of study and specialties. In the student’s record book and study card it is written “Transferred to the …… year of study. Order of ……… No. …… “, which is confirmed by the signature of the Dean and the faculty seal.
For the next year of study the students will be transferred if they have fully completed the curriculum of the current academic year and have completed all the module controls, final module controls, exams and credits.
The transfer date is the day after the completion, according to the approved schedule of the educational process, student’s fulfillment of all types of work (theoretical training, independent work, semester control, examinations, educational and practical training), scheduled for the corresponding year, but not later than the start date of the new academic year.
3.2. The draft transfer order (separately for full-time and part-time forms of study) shall be submitted by the head of the structural unit (college, faculty) not later than 5 days after the completion of the last type of student’s work provided for the respective curriculum for the respective year (semester control, exams) , educational and / or practical training).
3.3. The terms for passing exams missed previously are determined by the Rector’s order for the students who have failed examinations at the end of the semester or the last exam session (at the end of the practical training period). They should be usually passed by the beginning of the new academic year.
Students of the final year are not entitled to extend the terms of semester control before the state final examinations.
If there are objective (valid) documented grounds (on medical indications, because of the internship, etc.) another passing the failed exams may be determined for the student by the University order but, as a rule, not later than within 4 weeks from the start of the new academic year.
If this term is insufficient to meet the individual schedule, the issues of academic leave or a repeated course are considered.
3.4. The transfer to the next year for students who had failed examinations following the results of the last session, and passed them within the prescribed period, shall be made no later than the day of the beginning of the new academic year (or after the passing the failed exams, which were authorized by the relevant Rector’s order), and the corresponding draft order is submitted by the head of the structural unit for signing within 5 days from the date of transfer.
- EXPULTION OF UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
The grounds for expulsion of the University students are the following:
– completion of training in the relevant educational (scientific) program;
– own desire;
– transfer to another educational institution;
– non-fulfillment of the curriculum;
– breach of the terms of the contract (agreement) concluded between the higher educational institution and the student or individual (legal person) who pays for such training;
– gross violation of discipline or Rules of internal order of DNMU (by the consent of the students’ self-government body);
– committing an immoral act that is incompatible with continuing education among the students (by the consent of the students’ self-government body);
– other cases stipulated by laws of Ukraine.
4.2. Non-fulfillment of the curriculum is considered to be the following:
– if the 1st year student did not attend the classes within 10 days from the beginning of the first semester and did not inform the Dean the valid reason for this;
– if the truancy (without good reason) of the student in the current academic semester is 120 academic hours or more;
– failure to fulfill the curriculum without valid reasons during the semester in case of failure to admit semester control (tests, exams, final controls) in three or more academic disciplines
– getting three or more unsatisfactory grades (final controls and tests) as a result of semester control;
– getting an unsatisfactory grade in one discipline after three attempts to pass final control, exam, credit;
– getting a “failed” grade after three attempts to complete a University Certification;
– if the student did not pass failed examinations in due time (in lack of valid reason);
– if the student has completed the curricilum but has not passed the state certification (in case of poor assessment at the state certification or failure to attend the state certification without valid reason);
– if the student has not passed an integrated licensed exam “Krok-1” and “Krok-2” within the specified period.
4.3. Students who have not passed failed exams on time are expelled from the university. The draft order for expultion is submitted by the Dean of the Faculty for the Rector’s signature as soon as the deadline for passing failed exams has expired.
4.4. If for objective (valid) reasons (due to medical indications or completion of internships, etc.), the student cannot pass failed examinations within 4 weeks from the beginning of the academic year, he / she may be given the right for re-training by the Rector’s order (if there are appropriate reasons).
4.5. The student is expelled, as a rule, at his request. Students are expelled by the Rector’s order upon the submission of the Dean / Director of the College.
The students under age (under 18 years of age) are expelled with the agreement of the Juvenile Executive Office at the student’s place of registration.
4.6. A student is to be expelled from the number of persons who study by state order in cases when he/she is scored less points than the level of satisfactory study determined at the educational institution and during the academic semester and before the beginning of the current semester control in any academic subject (discipline) and did not pass failed exams in the additional term, which is set in the schedule of the educational process (Clause 13 “Procedure for scolarships charge and payment”, approved by the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of December 28, 2016 No. 1050).
4.7. Internship doctors shall be expelled from the persons studying at the University in cases when he / she has received a grade of “not passed” after three attempts of passing University assessment, as well as after three attempts of passing the integrated licensed exam “Krok-3” as such who failed curriculum. In these cases, a specialist’s certificate is not granted.
4.8. Academic reference.
4.8.1. For persons, who are expelled, the Dean’s office / directorate issues an academic reference of the appropriate form containing information about the results of study, the names of the disciplines, the grades obtained and the number of ECTS credits obtained, as well as the original documents on previous education stored in the student’s personal file.
4.8.2. The information on the passed subjects (modules) is included in the academic reference for each semester, indicating the total amount in ECTS hours and credits and the results of study according to the national and ECTS scale.
4.8.3. The subjects (modules) in which the student has received unsatisfactory grades are not included in the academic reference.
4.8.4. Students who have dropped out of the first year of higher educational institution and have not passed disciplines are given an academic reference with an appropriate note.
Students who have dropped out of the first year of higher educational institution and have not completed the final tests, exams and credits are given an academic reference with a note that the student did not pass credits, final controls and exams.
4.8.5. When filling out the academic reference for students who have studied on a part-time basis the number of hours specified in the curriculum for the full-time study is entered in the “Number of hours per curriculum” column.
4.8.6. A student who has studied at several higher educational institutions is given an academic reference, which provides grades (national and ECTS scale) of the subjects (modules) they have acquired while studying in these institutions, indicating their full names and scope ( in ECTS hours and credits).
4.8.7. The following papers are included in the student’s personal file:
– a copy of the academic reference signed by the head of the higher educational institution and stamped with an official seal;
– copies of documents on previous education and results of EIT;
– student’s record book signed by the Dean,
– student’s ID and a student’s card stamped with the seal and signed by the Dean / Director indicating the student’s completion of the curriculum.
4.8.8. The registration of academic references is carried out in a special book, which contains the following data:
– serial registration number;
– surname, first name, patronymic of the person who received the academic reference;
– academic reference number;
– date of issue;
– signature of the person who received the reference;
– the basis for issuing an academic reference.
4.9. A student who has not passed the state certification is admitted to the next state certification within three years after graduation.
4.10. Higher education applicants are entitled to a study break due to circumstances that make it impossible to complete (scientific) curriculum (for health reasons). Such persons shall be given an academic leave in established order.
In cases when the applicant for higher education has circumstances that make it impossible to carry out educational (scientific) curriculum (by conscription to statutory military service in case of loss of the right to deferment, family circumstances, etc.), then such persons are given a re-study in the established order.
Studying or internships in educational and scientific institutions (including foreign countries) may be the reason for a break in study, unless other is provided by international acts or agreements between higher educational institutions.
Higher education applicants called for military service because of mobilization are guaranteed to retain the place of study and scholarship that is awarded upon re-enrollmet in accordance with the existing regulations.
Higher education applicants who exercise the right to academic mobility during their study, internship or scientific activities in another higher education institution (scientific institution) in the territory of Ukraine or abroad are guaranteed the maintenance of the place of study and payment of the scholarship in accordance with the regulations the right to academic mobility and the procedure for the charge and payment of scholarships. Such persons are not expelled from higher education applicants.
4.11. A person expelled from a higher educational institution before the completing his / her education under the relevant educational program shall have the right to re-study within the licensed volume of the higher educational institution.
4.12. Students who, after graduation, are awarded the educational and qualification levels of junior specialist, master, specialist, are expelled from the university according to the Rector’s order. The Dean of the faculty or director of the college prepare the order.
4.13. Students who, after graduation, have been awarded the educational and qualification levels of master’s, specialist, are given the originals of the relevant documents on higher education.
4.14. The following documents are attached to the personal file of the person who graduated from the university: copy of diploma and diploma supplement signed by the Rector and stamped with the seal, student’s record book stamped with the Dean’s seal, student’s ID, copies of previous education documents (certificate, diploma and supplements to them, results of EIT, learning characteristics)
- TRANSFER AND RE-ENROLLMENT OF STUDENTS
- Transferring students from one higher educational institution to another regardless of the form of study, field of training of higher education specialists and specialty is carried out with the consent of the Rector’s of both higher educational
5.2. The transfer of students from one field of training specialists with higher education to another, in the scope of one specialty, which is used to train junior specialists, to another, or from one form of study to another within the university is performed by the Rector.
5.3. The transfer of students, as well as the re-enrollment of students who have been expelled from higher education institutions, is usually done during summer or winter holidays.
5.4. The application for transfer or re-enrollment must be considered at the institution of higher education within two weeks. Conditions for enrollment or the reason for refusal must be reported to the applicant.
5.5. Persons who have entered higher educational institutions and have studied at the expense of the state budget, have the priority right when transferring and re-enrolling the places of state order, provided such vacancies are available.
In case of the absence of vacancies financed by the state budget, the above-mentioned persons may be transferred or re-enrolled to study at the expenses of funds from the local budget, branch ministries, departments, enterprises, organizations, institutions and individuals by their consent if vacancies are available according to the licensed volume.
5.6. Persons who study in a state higher education institution on a basis of contract at the expense of the local budget, branch ministries, departments, enterprises, organizations, institutions and individuals can be transferred to study under the same conditions to other state higher education institutions. Such transfers may be made subject to the availability of licensed facilities and the consent of the sponsors.
The above-mentioned persons may also be transferred to vacant places of the state order in this or other higher educational establishment on a competitive basis and subject to the consent of the customers.
5.7. Persons who study in an accredited non-governmental higher education institution may be transferred to state higher education institutions on the terms provided for persons who study in a state higher education institution on a contract basis.
5.8. Students who study in non-accredited non-governmental higher education institutions do not have the right to be transferred to public higher education institutions.
5.9. Under the bilateral agreements (student and enterprise, organization, institution), or tripartite (student, educational institution and enterprise, organization, institution) transfer of students from one direction of training specialists with higher education to another, from one specialty, form to another, or from one higher education institution to another, provided that such agreements are amended, subject to the requirements of current legislation.
5.10. Transferring students to the first year of higher educational institutions is prohibited. Under exceptional circumstances, these issues may be dealt with by ministries or agencies that have higher education institutions in charge.
5.11. A student who wishes to transfer to another educational institution submits to the rector (director) of the higher education institution where he / she studies, the application for transfer and having received his / her written consent, addresses this statement to the rector of that higher educational institution, to which he wants to be translated.
5.12. In case of positive consideration of the application and subject to the elimination of the academic difference, the rector of the higher education institution issues an order according to which the student is admitted to the classes, and to the educational institution in which he studied earlier, sends a request to receive his personal file by mail.
5.13. The rector of the higher education institution where the student has previously studied upon receiving the request issues an order for expelling of the student in connection with his transfer to another higher education institution and within a week sends the personal case of the student to the higher education institution from which the request was received.
At the higher education institution where the student has previously studied, there are copies of the academic certificate, the student’s study card, the record book and all the documents sent. The procedure for keeping these documents is the same as for students’ personal files.
5.14. The rector of the higher educational institution to which the student is transferred, after receiving a personal file, issues an order for his enrollment.
5.15. Reinstatement of students is carried out by the rector of the higher education institution irrespective of the length of the break in study, reasons for exclusion, seniority, form of study and taking into account the applicant’s ability to successfully complete the schedule of the educational process.
5.16. Reinstatement of students on the first course of studying is prohibited.
5.17. The rector of the university is entitled to reinstate the student on the second course, who has been sent down from the first course, if his academic debt is usually no more than the three courses provided for in the individual curriculum and subject to its elimination within the first two (four) weeks from the beginning of the classes.
5.18. Academic debt arises when:
– during the academic semester, prior to the beginning of the current semester control defined by the curriculum, a person scored less points in any academic subject (discipline) than the level of unsatisfactory study defined in the educational institution;
– during semester control of any academic subject (discipline) the person has received less points than the limit of unsatisfactory study defined in the educational institution.
5.19. An academic difference may be detected during the transferring and reinstatement of a student.
5.19.1. The academic difference is the discrepancy between the curriculum that the student has studied and that one he/she wants to learn after transferring or reinstatement.
5.19.2. The academic difference is determined by the dean of the faculty, or by the appropriate committee, on the basis of a comparison of the university curriculum for a particular field of study (specialty) and academic certificate (in the case of reinstatement for study) or an excerpt from the credit book (in the case of transferring) issued at the previous place of study of the applicant.
5.19.3. An academic difference arises when, in an academic certificate or excerpt from a student / applicant’s credit book:
– there are no normative disciplines stipulated by the current curriculum and studied in previous courses in accordance with the requirements of industry standards;
– there are no selective disciplines, which are basic for obtaining a certain specialty (professional orientation);
– the discipline was studied to a lesser extent, with fewer credits ECTS (the difference is more than half of the ECTS credit);
– there are significant differences in the name and content of the course.
– inconsistencies of the forms of final control of the discipline (credit – instead of exam or final module control; normal credit – instead of differentiated credit) and no ECTS score.
5.19.4. The maximum amount of academic difference for a student’s reinstatement or transferring is generally no more than 10 credits (6 credits for the final year or year of study).
5.19.5. Changing the name of the discipline without changing the scope, form of final control and content in the presence of a reasoned conclusion of the relevant department is not considered an academic difference.
5.19.6. If the discipline is presented to the student as an academic difference, then it is added to the individual curriculum of the student for the corresponding semester with the establishment of terms for its elimination.
5.19.7. The student receives the assignment (description of the discipline) at the relevant department, studies the discipline on an individual schedule with the processing of all types of training, provided by the work program of the discipline, under the guidance of the teacher who leads the discipline and is appointed by the head of the department. The final semester control is taken by the teacher appointed by the head of the department at the direction of the dean’s office.
5.19.8. The academic difference is eliminated, during the semester, according to an individual plan agreed with the relevant departments and approved by the Dean (except for students who are reinstated for their second year of studying and who have academic debt).
5.19.9. The academic difference (academic debt) for native students is determined by the Dean of the Faculty. The individual plan for the elimination of academic debt to native students is designed and approved by the Dean of the Faculty.
5.19.10. Academic difference (academic debt) for foreign students (2-6 courses) is determined by the commission of the academic department, which is created and approved by the order of the rector of the university.
Enrollment to 2-6 courses of study of foreign students is carried out in accordance with the order of the rector of the university, taking into account the recommendation of the commission of the academic department.
Deadline for elimination of academic difference, set by the rector’s order or the order of the Vice-rector for scientific and pedagogical work.
An individual plan for the elimination of academic debt by foreign students is designed and approved by the Dean of the Faculty.
5.19.11. The immediate procedure for elimination of academic debt at the department is decided by the head of the corresponding department.
5.19.12. Persons who have not eliminated the academic difference within a specified period are to be expelled from the University.
5.20. When transferring and reinstatement a student’s study, there may be a situation where a student in a previous institution is certified in some of the subjects taught in the current semester at the university to which the student is transferred or renewed. In this case, there is a need to recalculate previously learned disciplines.
5.21. Recalculation of academic subjects.
5.21.1. Recalculation of academic disciplines is made on the basis of comparison of the curriculum of the university of a certain direction of preparation (specialty) and academic certificate.
5.21.2. The decision to recalculate academic disciplines may be made provided that:
– the names of the courses are identical or have a slight stylistic difference, but the volumes and content of the curricula do not differ;
– the total amount of hours spent on studying the discipline and the amount of credits that a student can receive for mastering the course, not less than stipulated by the sectoral standard of education;
– the forms of final control in the disciplines are the same and the semester attestation is counted both on the national scale and on the ECTS scale.
In the case of recalculation of forms of final control in disciplines:
– the exam / FC taken at the higher education institution where the student studied may be counted as a credit with a corresponding ECTS score;
– credit, if it has been graded on the ECTS scale, can be counted as an exam / FC with a corresponding assessment on the ECTS scale and transfer to the national scale.
5.21.3. When recalculating the discipline, the previously obtained positive assessment of the student’s level of knowledge remains. If necessary, the assessment is based on a valid rating scale at the University. If the grade of a discipline consists of several grades for individual semesters or grades of several modules, then the student / applicant is given a weighted average assessment of success, taking into account the volume of the relevant components of the discipline.
5.21.4. The student has the right to refuse to recalculate the discipline, if not satisfied with the previously obtained assessment, and to make it as an academic difference or to study again.
5.21.5. When recalculating the subjects, the student’s study card includes: discipline name, total number of hours / credits, grade and basis for recalculation (academic certificate number, credit book, diploma, etc.).
5.21.6. Documents of higher education institutions of other states may be taken into account if there is the presence of an intergovernmental agreement between Ukraine and the respective state or an agreement approved in due course between the University and the respective foreign higher education institution (subject to confirmation of this fact by the certificate of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine).
5.21.7. Recalculation of disciplines can be carried out in the following options:
– individual decision of the Dean of the Faculty;
– decision of the dean of the faculty on the basis of the opinion of the expert commission (head) of the relevant department;
– decision of the dean of the faculty on the basis of additional certification of the student by the relevant department on separate topics (after elimination of academic difference).
5.21.8. The individual decision of the Dean of the Faculty to recalculate the discipline may be made under the following conditions:
– names of disciplines coincide completely or have an insignificant stylistic difference;
– total amount of hours (ECTS credits) allocated for the study of normative discipline in the previous educational institution, not less than 75% of the amount of discipline stipulated by the university curriculum;
– the grade for the discipline is given on a scale that has no less number of graduations than the one provided by the university in the scale of assessment of final control.
5.21.9. Expert commission.
- An expert commission is formed in cases where there are certain grounds for recalculating the discipline, but the individual decision was not made by the dean. An expert commission is formed of two persons: the head of the department, to whose sphere of responsibility the discipline belongs, and one of the teachers, who teaches the same or a related discipline. The expert commission is formed by the dean of the faculty.
- The expert commission examines the student’s application-direction, examines his / her documents on the previously obtained education, and, if necessary, interviews the student in order to clarify the content of the discipline, which has been studied in the previous educational institution, which needs to be recalculated. The direction should contain a substantive statement of circumstances that indicate the possibility of recalculation of the discipline (status of the institution, content of the discipline by topics, aggregation or disaggregation of disciplines, the amount of classroom hours in the discipline, learning outcomes and features of the scale of their assessment).
- The Expert commission may make the following reasoned conclusions:
– ability to recalculate discipline:
– the need for additional certification on specific topics;
– inability to recalculate discipline.
- The opinion of the expert commission is drawn up in the form of a protocol, is noted in the statement-direction and enters into force after approval by the dean of the faculty. The final decision is made by the Dean of the Faculty on the basis of the expert committee’s opinion.
- Additional certification for specific subjects of the discipline can be carried out in different forms according to the type of semester control, namely: interviews, written control work or testing with topics that were not studied or not fully studied by the student before, etc.
5.22. A student who is reinstated (transferred) to the university, the study card of the appropriate form is filled in, a credit book with recalculated academic disciplines (with corresponding national and ECTS grades), mastered at another educational institution and a student ID is issued. The record book shall be certified by the Dean’s signature.
5.23. The student’s personal file (transferred from another institution of higher education or renewed) shall include: a statement of enrollment order, application, academic certificate; documents on previous education and results of GIE.
5.24. Persons holding a document on education of a foreign sample and wishing to transfer, renew or receive a second higher education at the university should apply to the Nostrification Commission of the Ministry of International Relations of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine to obtain a document certifying education received abroad.
5.25. University students may be sent for a term (one to two semesters) to study at a foreign higher education institution, provided the content of the program of study is identical and bilateral agreements are available between the educational institutions.
The conditions for transferring students for a short-term study at a foreign higher education institution in accordance with multilateral agreements are governed by a separate provision of the university.
5.26. Transfer of students to study on a contractual basis (with payment at the expense of local budgets, ministries and departments, legal entities and individuals), is carried out with obligatory amendment of the terms of the contract (contract).
If a student who has been on a re-study or academic leave is studying on a contractual basis, upon receipt of admission to study in the current contract / contract, appropriate changes are made (an additional agreement is extended for extending the contract / contract until the date of graduation for a certain educational qualification level).
If within 10 days after the registration of the order for reinstatement of training (transfer, or admission to training) for the funds of legal entities and individuals, the relevant contract (no changes to the current contract) is canceled, the order is canceled.
5.27. List of documents required for consideration of reinstatements and transfers (documents are submitted to the dean’s office / college director):
5.27.1. Persons studied in Donetsk National Medical University have been expelled and wish to continue their studies, must submit the following documents:
– a statement addressed to the rector of the Donetsk National Medical University, requesting renewal of the relevant course and indicating the year of expelling;
– document on previous education (certificate or diploma, results GIT);
– a copy of the passport of a citizen of Ukraine or another country.
5.27.2. Persons enrolled in other institutions of higher medical education have been expelled and wish to continue their studies at Donetsk National Medical University, must submit the following documents:
– an application addressed to the rector of Donetsk National Medical University with a request for enrollment in the relevant course for a certain specialty;
– Academic certificate (original);
– Certificate of passing the licensed examination “Step” (original);
– document on previous education (certificate or diploma, results of GIT);
– copy of passport of a citizen of Ukraine or another country (and present in person), a copy of the identification code.
5.27.3. Persons enrolled in other medical colleges wishing to transfer to the Donetsk National Medical University should submit the following documents:
– statement addressed to the rector of the higher medical institution in which the student studies, stating the reason for the transfer and the permission of the rector for the transfer, affixed with a wet seal;
– an application addressed to the rector of Donetsk National Medical University with a request for transfer to the relevant course with a certain specialty;
– Certificate of semester completion of the curriculum in the completed disciplines and the results of enrollment of the current and final module control of the incomplete disciplines (certified by the Dean), or the individual curriculum of the student (or a certified copy thereof);
– Certificate of passing the licensed exam “Step” (a copy, certified in due course);
– document on previous education (certificate or diploma, results of GIT);
– copy of passport of a citizen of Ukraine or another country (and present in person), a copy of the identification code.
- TRANSFER OF STUDENTS FROM CONTRACTUAL TO BUDGET
FORM OF TEACHING
6.1. Specialists who study at the university on a contractual basis are allocated by their own local budget, the Ministry of Hygiene, department, enterprises, organizations, founders and individuals, can be transferred to training in vacancies that require contracting from customers.
6.2. Transfers are made only during winter or summer holidays.
6.3. The Dean of the Faculty informs the first Vice-Rector in writing about the availability of vacancies by state order and informs the students of the relevant courses and specialties, notifies the date of the competition committee meeting (not earlier than one month from the day of notification).
6.4. The functions of the competition commission are performed by the translation and renewal commission, appointed by the order of the dean of the faculty (representatives of student self-government bodies are obligatory to the commission).
6.5. When considering specific applications, the following is taken into account:
– learning success;
– student financial support;
– privileges that the student enjoys under the current legislation (orphans, invalids, victims of the Chernobyl accident);
– participation in research work (participation in student scientific circles and organizations) presence of inventions and discoveries, obtaining patents, etc.);
– awards for participation in conferences, seminars, round tables;
– awards for participation in subject student competitions;
– availability of published articles, abstracts;
– awards for participation in student research competitions;
– participation in the activities of student self-government bodies;
– participation in sports and mass work, amateur groups
– participation in public work of the department, faculty, university, etc.
All student achievements must be confirmed with copies of the corresponding
documents certified by the dean of the faculty or student self-government bodies.
6.6. Students are required not later than 2 weeks before the commission meeting to submit to the dean’s office all documents that may be grounds for translation.
6.7. The commission for transfer and reinstatement of training makes the decision on the transfer from the contractual form of study to the budget, the decision is formalized by the protocol.
6.8. The applications of students who have submitted the full package of documents are considered by the committee with the obligatory presence of applicants and representatives of student self-government bodies. Students with half-orphans, children from large families and socially disadvantaged families are given the same rating (sum of points). The decision on the recommendation of a student to transfer him to a vacant budget seat is made by open ballot by a simple majority of votes.
6.9. The excerpt from the protocol together with the student’s statement with the relevant documents is a mandatory supplement to the order. The draft order on the basis of the collected documents is prepared by the Dean of the Faculty and submitted to the Rector for decision.
6.10. For persons enrolled in a state higher education institution on a contractual basis, paid for at the expense of local budgets, sectoral ministries or departments, transfer to training at the expense of budgetary allocations is carried out under the same conditions and with the obligatory consent of sponsors.
Acting the first vice-rector for scientific and pedagogical work I. A. Hrypachenko
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine №1 O. I. Gerasymenko
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine №2 P. I. Sydorenko
Acting Dean of the Faculty of Medicine №3 O. V. Rosenko
Acting Dean of the International Medical Faculty O. M. Muhin
Acting Dean of the Faculty of Dental Medicine N. M. Yakovleva
Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy O. I. Hutorov
Legal Department I. K. Sebiskverigze
Educational department A. S. Semenov
Training and Metodology department I. I. Zabolotna
Planning and Finance Department K. A. Marchuk
The head of the student’s self-government of the university D. O. Gaviley